Friday, May 4, 2007

WOO HOO!!!

Several good things to write about:) Yesterday Ariel had a track meet. Let's just say that Sherman kicked but and took names!!! Our girls team took 1st place overall, our boys team took 1st place overall! Ariel won 2nd place in the 4x200 and 6th in the 4x400. Twin Girls on our team tool 1st and 2nd place overall!..... We ROCKED!!! I am soooo proud of Ariel and her team! They did wonderful yesterday. Next week we have the regionals and I hope that they do as well there. It is amazing to me to see Ariel doing these things. She is actually excited about being in track next year too! She came home with the papers too to try out for flag core or majorette next year. She is not sure which one she wants to do. She was going to do cross country track, but band would interfere with that, and I want for her to stay in the band, whether it be playing the clarinet, doing flag core or majorette. I keep reminding her that it is a great way to be able to get a scholarship.

The sun is actually out right now, it was nasty for the track meet yesterday... It was rainy, the track was hard asphalt so the kids couldn't wear their cleats and had to wear their reg. tennis shoes. One boy from another team broke his ankle when he slipped off of the track :( He was in a lot of pain. Ariel twisted her knee on the 100 yard dash and was still favoring it this morning. I told her that unfortunately these things happen in sports and you have got to learn to deal with the aches and pains, twists and breaks that come along with participating in sports...

Yesterday before we left for the track meet we watched the "mock" traffic accident for the prom this weekend. Wayne was one of the ones "on scene". You know I know that the kids know that this is fake, but it is to prove a point about drinking and driving. And as I was standing there watching, I was also listening to the kids laugh about it and make comments to the fact that "this stupid shit ain't gonna stop me from drinking and partying on my prom night".... I feel sorry for these kids, because they may be the ones in the body bag Saturday night. They don't realize how quickly life can be taken away. I just wanted to shake them and tell them, to shut up and pay attention, because that could be you. Some just don't care though...

Anyway on to more stuff...Cody was asleep when I got home from the track meet last night, so he woke up this morning to let me know that he had received student of the month!!!! Yippee! He told me that he didn't get any checks marks for the month! I told him I was proud of him but I wished he could do the same at home, lol....I think that this is a good way to leave elementary school and go into jr. high next year.. The last month of the last year at elementary and he was SOM....wonderful!!! I am proud of him.... Now hopefully I will still be when progress reports come out next week....lololol...

Well I guess that is it for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment