Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer has begun...

Well the kids are out of school and I am ready for them to go back :) We are done with all of the end of school year activities. It is kind of sad though knowing that I no longer have children in elementary school. Everyday I get older and so are my children. I wish I could go back in time to when they were little and watch them grow all over again. You know when you are young you kind of take it for granted that they (the children) will stay little for a long time. But then when they have gotten older you realize at just how fast the time has gone by.

I must admit though that I do like this chapter of my life too. I can't wait to see my grandson! I see my children doing more things in their own lives and becoming their own persons. I just hope I have done my job well and I have taught them the things that they need to have to become responsible adults.

It will be busy middle to end of the summer as Ariel made the flag corp. So practice will begin around the first of August. Cody will be starting Cross Country Track so that will be an everyday thing also. Joey will go to summer camp during the summer too. And Wayne will be starting his anatomy and physiology classes next week and then his paramedic classes in the fall. So we are only going to have about a month of down time for the kids and me.

Cody's graduation banquet was the other night. I was so very proud of him. These are the certificates that he was awarded:

  • St. Jude Children's Research hospital Math-A-Thon for participation
  • 6th grade Basketball and 6th grade basketball champions
  • Certificate of Appreciation and most likely to be a firefighter or EMT (from teachers)
  • Certificate of Appreciation of Leading the Pledge of Allegiance
  • Certificate of Graduation for completing the 6th grade
  • Citizenship award

He also received two trophies. One for basketball and one for Citizenship :)

Now for things I remember:

I remember four of my pets. Heidi, she was a miniature collie. Bear, he was a long haired black German Shepard. Mittens was my cat and Chinkie Poo was my peek a poo.

I remember the day that my mom had to have Heidi put to sleep.

I remember us going to the Angelina Lake and staying with friends that my daddy worked with and frying catfish :)

I remember going camping with my boyfriend and almost drowning because I thought that I could swim out to the buoy where they were at. It was a lot further than what I thought. That was also the weekend when I was severly sunburned and ended up in the emergency room when I got home and mama saw me :)

I remember going to Aunt Loretta's and Dunky Don's when he would bring in the shrimp boat and going to buy shrimp.

I remember Aunt Loretta spanking me once because I wouldn't eat my spinach and I got sick from it.

I remember that I always wanted to be popular in school, but I never was. That seems so trivial now, but back then it was a big thing.

O.K. well I guess that is enough for now. I will write some more in a few days :) Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment